Morgan Brings the Fire! Nov 11, 2020 20:17:01 GMT -8
Post by Glimmericious on Nov 11, 2020 20:17:01 GMT -8
10 total points to distribute
Ylisse/Fire Emblem: Awakening
Alignment: Neutral Good
Allies/Friends: The Shepherds, her family, Iris?, Valorie?
Enemies/Rivals: Grimleal, Grima
"Time to even the odds!"
History On Li: Master Grima was not the forgiving type. Disloyalty and a failure to carry out his orders were almost certainly met with death - after all, when an undead version of yourself that was completely subservient was an option, you tended to be pretty expendable. This kind of concern was in the back of Morgan's mind when she turned against her friends and began acting as Grima's executor, and it was once again on her mind as she turned away from a battle for the first time in her life.
It wasn't that the battle was unwinnable - although it more than likely was, if her father had taken to the battlefield against her - or any practical reason for retreat. After all, Grima would prefer that she died trying than return to him a failure.
No, it was for something Grima would consider foolish and sentimental. When the man that her Master Grima used to be looked at her, gave her the kind smile that she remember from so, so long ago, and gave her something important to him because 'he felt like she'd like it'... She just couldn't do it. She would accept any punishment that Grima saw fit for her, but trying to kill her father was the one thing she would not do.
And following that, such was her life - waiting for a punishment of sorts to be doled out by her Master. It's not known what it was - but it's speculated by others that Morgan saw or did something so horrible that she she couldn't bear to remember it.
Some time after that, Morgan's ears would be met with the defeaning roars of Grima as he was slain, and, as he faded away, a voice graced Morgan's ears.
"Morgan... please forgive me... I put you through... so... much..."
"You deserved better from me than a broken world and what I've made you do... please, give me a chance to fix what I've done..."
A familiar tone - the same she'd recognized from the Robin she'd met from another world. Her father, for certainty. As she sought out the source, though, she felt a new sensation - being ripped from the world itself, Grima's power flinging her out of a familiar world and into the unknown.
...And, finally, Morgan awakened in a field, outside of the Life Sphere, no memories to her besides her admiration for her father, and a dark tome that she just couldn't place for the life of her - although the name of the tome, Grima's Truth, was certainly foreboding.
Primary Attacks (3)
Swordplay: Morgan is trained in swordplay, and will exercise it on her opponent! Based on how much power this skill charges up, the kind of sword that Morgan uses changes.
- Stage 1 - Bronze Sword
- Stage 2 - Iron Sword
- Stage 3 - Steel Sword
- Stage 4 - Levin Sword (Uses WIS for an attack stat in favor of DEX.)
[5%+DEX Mod damage, combo.]
Fire Tome: One of Morgan's many magical tomes, she uses a Fire tome to blast a target with fire in a variety of ways.
- Stage 1 - Fire: The most basic form of the tome, Morgan shoots a fireball at an opponent.
- Stage 2 - Elfire: Turning up the heat! Morgan shoots a fireball at an opponent, that erupts into a pillar of flame beneath the target's feet, inflicting significantly more burning damage! (Deals 10% less damage, but has a 50% chance to afflict a target with STR Disabled as a target's burns interfere with their ability to put force into their attacks.)
- Stage 3 - Meteor: When all else fails, hit the target with a big ball of fire! From the sky, a large, burning meteor descends upon a target, both hitting them and inflicting them with burning damage.
- Stage 4 - Forblaze: A circle of flames mark an area in front of Morgan with a 10 foot diameter, before unleashing a massive torrent of flames in the marked area, reaching up towards the high heavens! The size of this move makes it so that it's not always viable in a fight, and reduces the damage of the attack by 5% for the AoE effect.
[6%+WIS Modx3 damage, except where noted otherwise in the stage's description.]
Thunder Tome: Another of Morgan's tomes! With this one, Morgan brings the thunder as she activates her tomes, striking at a target in a variety of ways!
- Stage 1 - Thunder: Lightning rains from the sky to strike an opponent!
- Stage 2 - Elthunder: When one lightning bolt doesn't do the trick, add more! Morgan calls down several bolts of lightning to strike an opponent.
- Stage 3 - Arcthunder: Morgan calls a massive bolt of lightning to strike an enemy! (Deals 10% less damage, but has a 50% chance to afflict the target with a DEX Disabled status as being shocked restricts their movements.)
- Stage 4 - Thoron: Morgan uses her father's signature spell, raising her hand and striking an opponent with beam of electricty!
[WIS modx4 damage, except where noted in the stage's description.]
Wind Tome: A gift from Robin, its attacks manipulate the air around Morgan and a target to lash out in unpredictable and difficult-to-react-to ways.
- Stage 1 - Wind: The wind kicks up around an opponent, cutting into a target.
- Stage 2 - Elwind: A more controlled use of the winds, the air kicks up around around a target, before encircling them in a whirlwind, cutting them across their body. Morgan's control of the spell allows her to strip the air from someone's lungs, inflicting the Suffocation status until 30% damage is dealt to Morgan to break her concentration on the spell. This tier deals 20% less damage, to a minimum of 0%.
- Stage 3 - Rexcalibur: Massive shards of ice manifest above a target, and drop on a target, before bursting into a cold whirlwind. Because, for some reason, ice spells are categories under Wind in Fire Emblem. Freezes a target, but this tier deals 20% less damage, to a minimum of 0%.
- Stage 4 - Forsetti: The strongest Wind spell, a massive torrent of wind erupts from around Morgan and blows at a foe, shredding through a target.
[6%+WIS Modx3 damage, except where noted otherwise in the stage's description.]
Special Attacks (3)
Tomefaire/Swordfaire: Many fighters on Li are probably used to their equipment being reliable, and only opting for repairs to their existing gear. Morgan is not so lucky. Her equipment has a maximum Durability of 10, and on turns in which Morgan does not use a specific spell or attack, it will Charge up, reaching higher stages of power!
For every stage a spell or attack is charged, Morgan will gain a +1 to her WIS or DEX stats, whichever the attack uses, and gains 2% damage. Morgan is capable of using lower tier spells multiple times if she has charged up to a higher stage. Morgan's equipment loses durability relative to the stage of the spell cast - for instance, a Stage 4 spell would reduce the item's durability by 4 - and running out of durability on an item renders the skills associated with the tome unusable for 3 turns, but Morgan can throw the fried tome or useless sword at an opponent once for a 18% attack! [Passive]
Ignis: For once, not a tome! Morgan calls upon some dark power from within her and coats herself in flames, pushing her power to her limits! Not even she knows where it came from. Gives +1 to her WIS and DEX mods, doubles spell charge speed, and adds her DEX mod in damage to her WIS-based attacks, and her WIS mod in damage to her DEX-based attacks. Lasts for three turns, has a four turn cooldown. [Buff]
Dragonskin: When Morgan receives an attack, she can make a WIS roll. If she beats an opponent's roll, she can reduce the damage of an incoming attack by however much she beat the opponent's roll by. Can only trigger once per opponent in a turn. [Passive]
Final Smash (1)
Expiration: Morgan uses Grima's Truth, the book emanating a dark miasma as Morgan chants - before the darkness completely envelops Morgan, filling her a power that is not her own - and, finally, she raises her hand and casts Expiration, massive spikes abruptly protruding from the ground to impale an opponent, before they dissolve into shadows, take a semisolid form, and rise from the ground and completely envelope an enemy, exploding. Deals 60% damage. May come with side effects, like Morgan temporarily forgetting who she is or a slight degree of possession.
Other Info: Morgan has a Mark of Grima on her left hand. She also wears two pairs of pants.
Last Edit: Jun 11, 2022 17:13:33 GMT -8 by Glimmericious